Re: MAE NY?

  • From: Jay Adelson
  • Date: Wed Oct 07 14:39:25 1998

Points well taken.  However, Compaq isn't involved in this international
facility project (see sig below).  Can't get into further details except
to say we have our own engineers with the appropriate expertise involved.

(Compaq doesn't build these sort of things.)

-Jay

> My experience is that electronic/computer type equipment runs best when it
> is in a cool environment, i.e. too cold for a human in T-shirt to work in
> for very long. And when the ambient temperature gets above room temp, then
> you get too many wierd and unexplainable problems occurring or just plain
> equipment failure. Sean Donelan is right to worry about condensation and I
> believe that you should maintain a fixed humidity level in the air in your
> facilities. Keep the temperature below 18C but not so low as to cause
> condensation. Get some Compaq engineers to recommend a humidity level and
> ask your HVAC peopel to keep it constant. In Palo Alto this will probably
> mean adding humidity in the summer and removing humidity in the winter. In
> the Northeast you would need to do the reverse.
>
> --
> Michael Dillon                 -               E-mail: [email protected]
> Check the website for my Internet World articles -  http://www.memra.com

---
[ Jay Adelson                           [email protected] ]
[ Chief Technology Officer            Work: +1-650-813-9031 ]
[ EQUINIX, Inc., Palo Alto, CA         Fax: +1-650-858-8368 ]