Re: MAE NY?

  • From: Geoff Lisk
  • Date: Wed Oct 07 11:17:54 1998

I've had really good luck with a very large hole underneath the cabinet and
a several hundred CFM fan at the top.  Telehouse has good underfloor
pressure so the larger the hole the better for the cabinet.  I haven't had
good luck putting vented tiles behind - most of our equipment vents front
to rear inside the cabinets.  My routers are very happy with the large
holes though:

 card       inlet           hotpoint       exhaust
RSP(2)   18C/64F      23C/73F      21C/69F

Although after seeing the rats nest of wires in some of the cabinets I've
seen over the years it's no wonder there are hotspots - nowhere for the air
to go. ;)

-Geoff

At 08:10 PM 10/6/98 -0400, TTSG wrote:
>Also make sure that there is a "vented tile" inback of your cabinets.
>Not every one I see there does.  Just put in a work order to the
>CAC and they'll put them behind your cabinet.  This should help with the
>air flow around the cabinet so the air pumped out has somewhere to go
>(Or help blow into the back vents)

Geoff Lisk                         Phone: 415-228-4170
Network Engineer          E-mail:[email protected]
Digital Island                Pager: [email protected]
One hop to the world...	              www.digisle.net