Re: MAE NY?

  • From: Jay Adelson
  • Date: Tue Oct 06 22:14:28 1998

Too cold?  Are you serious?  Man, I just can't win.

Our readouts were reporting 68-71F... Somebody tell me what this needs
to be set to for our exchange facilities.  They're all pretty insanely
big, so this is something to do ONCE.  Nows the time, we're deep into
engineering HVAC for the first fifteen.  Oh, and I'd love to hear humidity
suggestions as well.

-J

> [email protected] (Alex Bligh) writes:
> >> core1.nyc>sho env all
> >>
> >> Temperature readings:
> >>         chassis inlet    measured at 26C/78F
> >>
> >> 78F in my cabinet in the inlet seems reasonable to me.
> >
> >Well seeing as we're playing this game:
> >
> >newyork1>show env all
> > card     inlet       hotpoint     exhaust
> >RSP(2)   15C/59F      19C/66F      18C/64F
> >
> >Brrrr...
>
> paix1>show env all
>
>  card     inlet       hotpoint     exhaust
> RSP(2)   14C/57F      19C/66F      17C/62F
>
> PAIX is the only place I worry about my equipment getting too cold,
> condensation and such.  Anyone know what the dewpoint at PAIX is?
> Any other entrants in the cold co-locate arena?
>
> Of course, WCOM wins for having the hottest POPs.
> --
> Sean Donelan, Data Research Associates, Inc, St. Louis, MO
>   Affiliation given for identification not representation

---
[ Jay Adelson                           [email protected] ]
[ Chief Technology Officer            Work: +1-650-813-9031 ]
[ EQUINIX, Inc., Palo Alto, CA         Fax: +1-650-858-8368 ]