Re: [YA] Fwd: Class B Purchase

  • From: Roeland M.J. Meyer
  • Date: Tue Oct 06 11:54:38 1998

At 09:19 AM 10/6/98 -0500, Karl Denninger wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 06, 1998 at 07:28:17AM -0500, Brett Frankenberger wrote:
>> :: Karl Denninger writes ::
>> >
>> > Oh, I'm quite certain  that the "registries" will recognize a court
order,
>> > which, if they refuse to recognize a reassignment, is precisely what they
>> > *should* be forced to recognize.

>> I think it's at least possible that some major providers would refuse
>> to accept that route, in spite of the fact that ARIN's database would
>> claim that it's valid.  Since ARIN has no enforcement power -- networks
>> can accept or reject whatever routes they like -- what then?  Does the
>> buyer then get a court order ordering every provider to accept the
>> route?  Even if you can get such an order (and I'd be skeptical), it
>> won't guarantee you reachability from outside the USA.

>Collusive behavior is a big, big problem Brett.  I'd love to see exactly
>this kind of thing take place - it would be hilarious to see some of those
>providers try to defend THAT.

It might be hilarious, but the only winners would be the lawyers.

Roeland M.J. Meyer, ISOC (InterNIC RM993)
e-mail: <mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]
Internet phone: hawk.mhsc.com
Personal web pages: <http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer>www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site: <http://www.mhsc.com/>www.mhsc.com/
I bet the human brain is a kludge.