Re: Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

  • From: Barry Shein
  • Date: Thu Oct 01 16:46:17 1998

On October 1, 1998 at 14:46 [email protected] (Stephen Sprunk) wrote:
 > Considering that the Last-Modified time on the Tongan consulate page is
 > May 20, 1998, I'd bet that it was a server configuration error that has
 > been corrected in the last 24 hours.  The images on that page don't look
 > like they were thrown together in response to your allegations, IMO.

No, but the pointer (link) to the page may have been changed. I'm not
shocked that the page contents have existed for a while, they just
weren't visible via the consulate's address.

Although what you say is possibly true your reasoning borders on
nonsense. The page could be years old, but wasn't being pointed to as
the main page to load.

What's your interest in running such a stretch of reasoning anyhow? No
one claiming to be involved in the actual management of the page has
commented either way, thus far.

Isn't the more obvious explanation that someone changed the links in
the past few hours, as others have observed?

Why the contortions to suggest otherwise?

 > It has already been stated that the sfconsulate.gov.to is located at
 > Best's server colocation facilities, which means it's probably on the
 > same box as many other web servers.  Such servers often have config
 > problems, and that was probably brought to the attention of the folks at
 > Best.
 >
 > I smell no fish.

Sometimes even your best friends won't tell you...