Re: Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

  • From: Barry Shein
  • Date: Thu Oct 01 14:41:55 1998

On October 1, 1998 at 11:06 [email protected] (Steven J. Sobol) wrote:
 > On Thu, Oct 01, 1998 at 03:05:35AM -0400, Barry Shein wrote:
 >
 > > The problem is mass spammers operating from within that domain forging
 > > legitimate host names into their spam.
 >
 > I run the mail server for FREE, one of the antispam groups.
 >
 > There have been many spam runs from .NET and .COM sites with our domain
 > forged into Received headers.
 >
 > Do you hear me calling for decomissioning of the NET and COM TLDs? I think
 > not.

You miss the point: If that were ALL (or just about all) NET and COM
were being used for you might have an analogy.

The underlying question was what review process exists to determine
whether or not this is the case and, if so, what to do about it.

The answer appears to be: There exists absolutely no review process,
no way to ascertain and air out the facts of the matter, the law of
the jungle rules in these matters.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | [email protected]          | http://www.world.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*