Re: Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Thu Oct 01 13:15:25 1998

On Thu, Oct 01, 1998 at 03:05:35AM -0400, Barry Shein wrote:

> The problem is mass spammers operating from within that domain forging
> legitimate host names into their spam.

I run the mail server for FREE, one of the antispam groups.

There have been many spam runs from .NET and .COM sites with our domain
forged into Received headers.

Do you hear me calling for decomissioning of the NET and COM TLDs? I think
not.

--

Anyone who spams me will be subject to torture by Jake,
my killer attack hedgehog, and/or Lizzy and Junior, my man-eating iguanas.