Re: Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should beremoved?

  • From: John Harkin
  • Date: Thu Oct 01 13:05:08 1998

At 12:22 AM -0700 10/1/98, Barry Shein wrote:
>So, to spell it out, the question is not whether or not there are
>non-porn sites in the .to domain. The question is whether or not there
>are any Tongan activities in the Tongan domain? Since the US Consulate
>of the Kingdom of Tonga isn't even a Tongan site one wonders just what
>purpose this domain is serving.

The Tongan consulate in SF *is* Tongan territory, not US.  Seems like a
good place to keep a server to keep its traffic off the satellite to me.

Cable and Wireless runs the Internet connection to the islands and their
sites and their customers are in TO.  See candw.to.

John

--
John Harkin
Internet Network and Systems Consulting