Re: Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

  • From: jprovo
  • Date: Thu Oct 01 10:44:40 1998

> The specific question was whether or not the .to domain serves any
> useful purpose (such as a TLD for the Kingdom of Tonga) -- is there
> any reason to maintain it in the root servers?

It is Yet Another ISO CC TLD that is being whored out - since domains
became commodities, ISO CCs are now "national resources".  Who has a
crystal ball shiny enough to see which (small) country decides to change
its name to get a "better" ISO CC?  And how far out that will be?

Another lovely spin-off of pushing the mess up towards the root of
the tree, instead of down to the leaves with further specifity.

"My own opinion, etc etc disclaim disclaim"
--
Joe Provo, Network Architect                         508.229.8400 x3006
Commercial Internet Services Group                   Fax   508.229.2375