Re: Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

  • From: Roeland M.J. Meyer
  • Date: Thu Oct 01 02:56:19 1998

At 11:33 PM 9/30/98 -0400, Steven J. Sobol wrote:
>On Wed, Sep 30, 1998 at 08:57:08PM -0500, Jeremy Porter wrote:
>
>> So what you are saying is that Barry has a perfectly functional
>> method of dealing with the problem and all the rest of this is a complete
>> and utter waste of our time.
>> Mr Sobol's comments doubly so, as they add no new information.
>
>Where do you see him saying that? I don't think either your solution or his
>will work.

With spammers, *nothing* works 100%. Even killing their link. It took a
long time of concentrated effort to get Spamford bounced off the net.
Mostly, they just pop up somewhere else. So what if you get TO deleted, big
deal. Those spammers will simply move on. The only thing we can do is work
on reducing the forgeries so they can be more easily filtered and GET THOSE
RELAYS CLOSED. Everyone, running sendmail, should be at v8.9.1 and
subscribed to the RBL, IMHO.
Roeland M.J. Meyer, ISOC (InterNIC RM993)
e-mail: <mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]
Internet phone: hawk.mhsc.com
Personal web pages: <http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer>www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site: <http://www.mhsc.com/>www.mhsc.com/
I bet the human brain is a kludge.