Fiber outage for BBN 29 Sep

  • From: Andy McConnell
  • Date: Wed Sep 30 13:29:14 1998

Curious - no one seemed to mention BBN Planet's "major" fiber cut
yesterday.  Their trouble system "shortcutted" calls to an automated
message saying there were two major cuts in the Texas and Washington DC
area.  their ticket was #273439.  As a BBN customer, we had trouble
getting out of BBN all morning, and by early afternoon things were fine.

Did anyone on the list see this sort of trouble?

-Andy

--
Andy McConnell       アンディ マッコネル
Network Architect, NTT Multimedia Communications Laboratories

Freedom means that, in time of war, good men and women will be asked to risk
their lives because we think it better to die free than to live as slaves.