RE: Any Cisco-experienced folks wanna tackle this one?

  • From: Bonin, Brad T
  • Date: Tue Sep 29 15:14:02 1998

99.9% sure it is not a hw problem nor is it your IOS version.

If flash is not being loaded or is crashing during load, you might have to
reload microcode.
If flash is loaded and an attempt is made to load the config file from NVRAM
and it crashes, then I suggest you go into ROMMON> and erase your NVRAM and
reload.  This has fixed the same problem for me in the past.  The problem
usually lies in a file being corrupted during a power down.

If you need more assistance, please respond directly.

Brad Bonin
Internetwork Engineering - EDS