Re: Alternative sources for Cisco memory?

  • From: Greg Ketell
  • Date: Thu Sep 24 16:52:55 1998

It is rumored that on 09:59 AM 9/24/98 -0700, Jeff Mayzurk said...

>Kingston makes RAM for Cisco, including the 7500. I don't know if it's
>Cisco-approved (doubt it), but Kingston quality is generally good and  it

>costs less than half of what Cisco charges.

Sometimes ALOT less.  I just bought a $60 Kingston replacement for Cisco's
$1000 16MB DRAM module for the 2600.

sheesh!

Now, if you want to make sure that your warranty is Always intact, call
TAC for the AVL and only buy that memory.  Cisco reserves the right to
refuse service of routers that have non-AVL ram in it.

GK