Re: Frame Relay encap vis-a-vis point-to-point at UUNET

  • From: Jeff Mcadams
  • Date: Wed Sep 23 12:09:06 1998

Thus spake Chris Wilson
>On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Jeff Mcadams wrote:
>> Incidentally, we're straight into the router port and still using f/r
>> encap.  I'm not really sure of the reasoning behind this, but
>> apparently, the edict came down from on high that all new turn-ups would
>> use frame-relay encap...even if straight into a router port.  *shrug*

>We just turned up a UUNet multimeg connection and we got a direct router
>connection with hdlc encapsulation. Sounds like they're doing a great job
>of having a consistant policy :)

Yeah...well its certainly a recent thing...our circuit was 4 months late
getting turned up (6 telephone companies involved...ugh) but we
originally configured it for PPP encap, and then when it finally did get
turned up, we switched it to frame-relay...so its been within the past
4 months that this edict was delivered.  :)
--
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email protected]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848