Re: And we thought the text part of the Starr Report would be bad

  • From: Chris Cappuccio
  • Date: Fri Sep 18 13:19:11 1998

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Christian Nielsen wrote:

> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/wr/story.html?s=v/nm/19980918/wr/video_1.html
>
> SAN FRANCISCO (Wired) - If Congress decides to release the videotape of
> President Clinton's grand jury testimony, the heavy load of video traffic could
> be the biggest test yet for the Internet's infrastructure.

As you would expect, they only get the real experts to speak:

"While Bergman was confident ABCNews.com's plans to stream the video in its
entirety would go fine, Martin Hall of the IP Multicast Initiative says
the real problems would occur at the user's
end of the line.

The standard T1 connection of an Internet service provider handles a
maximum of 53 dialup connections pumping data to a user, he said, but a
54th user could cause a major problem."

---
"Microsoft is to quality software what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking"