Re: GTEI/Exodus

  • From: Adam Rothschild
  • Date: Wed Sep 16 11:34:34 1998

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, dhiraj murthy wrote:

> last i checked www.spicegirls.com wasn't on the exodus network.
>
> i think it's on netkonect.net

Well, last time I was at your Joisey colo, I saw a Sun Ultra labeled
"spice girls" somewhere.  I never bothered to investigate further; my bad.

> whitehouse.com is on exodus though... ;)

Indeed!

> as per the contractual issues, all they told lowly engineers like myself
> was that we could disclose publicly the fact:
>
> 1. we have reached a solution with GTEi
> 2. it includes expanding ds3's with them
> 3. we're not buying transit or paying for peering

Question is: How does money pass hands?  Do you pay any "facilities" costs
to GTEI/BBN, that technically may not be considered "paying for peering",
for isntance?

> 4. we're like friends and stuff now... ;)
>
> i'm sure when bowman gets up, he'll have something to say. he probably has
> a LOT more insight into #3

Insight is good.