Re: Inter-CO signaling?

  • From: Jason Vanick
  • Date: Tue Sep 15 14:33:45 1998

> On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Chad Skidmore wrote:
>
> > Try making an ISDN call from one to the other at a 64k rate.  If you can
> > get through then there are at least some trunks setup as ESF B8ZS clear
> > channel.  I suspect that they are probably some older trunks running AMI
> >
> > The other thing you could do is just ask them.
>
> Where's the smiley face?  You can't be serious in that last sentance.  2
> out of 3 telcos are incapable of configuring circuits properly, and the
> more they insist the signalling is set a particular way, the better the
> odds are it's the other way.

Many of these telcos had their default translations set up for them years
ago by Nortel and AT&T during switch installation, and if there isn't a
good switch tech there the telco itself gets to be very reluctant to
change them for just a few customers.

- Jason
Jason Vanick ------------------------------------------ [email protected]
Director of Technology                             Voice: 312-470-9015 x1002
MegsInet, Inc.        225 West Ohio St. Suite #200         Chicago, Il 60610