Re: European/Asian equivalents to NANOG?

  • From: Howard C. Berkowitz
  • Date: Sat Sep 05 19:26:41 1998

At 2:58 PM -0700 9/5/98, Sean M. Doran wrote:
>| From:	"Howard C. Berkowitz" <[email protected]>
>|
>| At 2:47 PM -0700 9/5/98, Sean M. Doran wrote:
>| >Uhm, how do you give a European routing tutorial
>| >without already knowing about RIPE  (http://www.ripe.net/) ???
>| >
>| >	Sean.
>|
>| You don't.  But I was asking about operational mailing lists, not
>| registries.  If RIPE has a mailing list separate from the general European
>| registry function, great. That's what I am asking about. S
>
>You mean like the part of the home page at http://www.ripe.net/
>where it says "Mailing Lists"?   If you missed it, it's at the
>bottom of the "Services" column at the start of the page...
>
>	Sean.

Let me try rephrasing this yet again. I am, and have been, quite aware of
RIPE.  I was attempting to find if there were other operational lists other
than EOF.  I haven't been subscribing to that since I work primarily in
North America, but have been asked to give some European and Asian
tutorials by a couple of firms with whom I have established relationships.

>P.S.: I dont suppose you wanna float your tutorial syllabus on NANOG?  --:)

If there would be a useful function to be served, why not?  Not really sure
where you are going with the question, Sean. I'm not trying to get anyone
to write material for me; I asked what I thought was a simple question to
be sure that I didn't miss something that a person closer to the region
might be aware of.

Howard