Re: MAE-EAST / MAE-WEST Interfaces

  • From: Dave Rand
  • Date: Fri Sep 04 02:49:52 1998

[In the message entitled "Re: MAE-EAST / MAE-WEST Interfaces" on Sep  4,  1:11, "David Diaz/I.P.O.F.-Netrail, Inc." writes:]
> Ive heard different stories.  Of course UUNET.  There was an anouncement
> from Quest.net (not Quest) a small ISP in Ft Lauderdale that was connecting
> to ATM MAE Dallas.  ATM MAE-W is not up.  MAE-E ATM is in test mode with a
> handfull of people.  Im still asking for exactly who is there.
>
> If anyone has see the MAE ATM doc they are charging for setup of PVC, $50 a
> shot a side, and also any config changes they make.  They dont understand
> NAPs are not under Tarrif.  Pacbell does not charge for these services.
> However they are still in flux so we'll see what the final policies are.
>
> Has anyone had any feedback from their MFS/Worldcom reps?  Has anyone
> experienced any problems during the testing?  Issues with the Stratacom?

Uhh - I think that the mae-w atm is up...

  MTU 4470 bytes, sub MTU 4470, BW 156250 Kbit, DLY 80 usec, rely 255/255, load
14/255
  Encapsulation ATM, loopback not set, keepalive set (10 sec)
  Encapsulation(s): AAL5, PVC mode
  256 TX buffers, 256 RX buffers,
  2048 maximum active VCs, 1024 VCs per VP, 10 current VCCs
  VC idle disconnect time: 300 seconds
  Last input never, output 00:00:00, output hang never
  Last clearing of "show interface" counters 1d19h
  Queueing strategy: fifo
  Output queue 0/300, 0 drops; input queue 0/300, 0 drops
     106741382 packets input, 2409410335 bytes, 0 no buffer
     Received 0 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants
     0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
     217158168 packets output, 665172079 bytes, 0 underruns
     0 output buffers copied, 0 interrupts, 0 failures

Dave Rand
[email protected]
http://www.bungi.com