Re: MAE-EAST / WEST Connection Possibilities

  • From: David Diaz/I.P.O.F.-Netrail, Inc.
  • Date: Wed Sep 02 17:21:15 1998

Could they possibly be speaking for the new MAE-E ATM and MAE-W ATM?  They
are based on the cisco ATM switch pretty much just like Pacbell's NAP.

The colo part has me confused.  One could connect using a DS3 lite with
Netedges running ATM to MAE-E.  But from with in their colo?  What would be
the point?

On a side note does anyone have any plans on connecting to
MAE-Dallas/MAE-Dallas ATM??

At 2:40 AM -0000 9/3/98, Jan Czmok wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Does anybody know if the statement
>
>"mfs can offer atm ds3 connection to the mae-west and mae-east ehternet
>from colo space"
>issued by a german salesperson is true.
>
>According to the www.mfst.com webpage i only see
>possiblities for 10 Mbit Ethernet, HSSI or FDDI.
>
>Any help is appreciated!
>

>Jan
>

>--
>Jan Czmok, IPF.NET Senior Network Engineer
>email: [email protected], Phone +49 69 17084-52

Thank you,
David Diaz
Chief Technical Officer
Netrail, Inc

email:   [email protected]
pager: 888-576-1018
office: 888-NETRAIL

Colo facilities: Atlanta-NAP, Miami, Arlington, Chicago, San Francisco
888-NETRAIL for further information