Re: Check this out

  • From: Tim Wolfe
  • Date: Tue Sep 01 16:28:17 1998

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, James B. Slayden Jr. wrote:

> Something of interest!  And may set some precedence?!

Hmm.. let's look at a possible scenario here.  Does this mean
that if the PA PUC decides that Internet traffic is not local, PacBell could
no longer provide internet services?  I'm just stumbling through my logic
here, but if access is ruled an interstate service, PacBell (and all the
other Bells assuming the PUC's in various states took the same stance) would
only be able to provide Internet service in lata?  That would cause some
"minor" political ramifications I would think...

Tim

	Tim Wolfe, Network Administrator
	ClipperNet Internet Access Services
[email protected]	541.431.3360 voice 541.431.1176 fax
   ...Across the Desktop and around the World...