Re: Transaction Based Settlements Encourage Waste (was Re: BBN /GTEI)

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Mon Aug 31 11:24:47 1998

Well, the telco can't really show me proof of half the things they're
billing me for either, since they don't exist.  In fact, I've confirmed
with the guys running the switches that I only have the number of PVCs
I thought I had.  The telco is still billing me for n+2 PVCs.

I agree with you that ISPs are nowhere near ready to do rock-solid
usage billing.  My point was that the Telcos aren't either.  Let's
not drag ISP service down to the level of customer service that is
provided by Telcos, PLEASE.

Owen