RE: BBN/GTEI - Optical Internet solves asymmetric data flows

  • From: Bill St. Arnaud
  • Date: Wed Aug 26 11:02:47 1998

All:

The issue of asymmetric data flows is one of the reasons why we are building
an optical Internet here in Canada.  With an optical Internet you can
traffic engineer individual wavelengths to support Tx/Rx asymmetric data
flows in any way you want. This makes much more efficient use of the
underlying fiber indrastructure.

For more information

www.canarie.ca
www.canet2.net