Re: BBN/GTEI

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Tue Aug 25 01:19:08 1998

> 	Exodus
> 	GTEI/BBN
>
> The real question is who will pull out first.  I do not agree with
> GTEI/BBN's tactics, but unfortunately they need to do what they need to do.

What I think will happen is that Exodus/GTEI will revert to public peering
and this whole thing will just blow over.  Neither network would expect to
win anything by either refusing to peer at all, or demanding private peering,
or demanding a transit relationship.

In other words this particular brew-ha-ha is not going to set any precedents.
--
Paul Vixie
La Honda, CA			"Many NANOG members have been around