re: intranet

  • From: william
  • Date: Mon Aug 24 15:58:00 1998

HI all!

Thanks to all who responded, privately and publicly.

To end the topic, we can't use BGP since we do not have an AS# and we will
not get valid or Internet-routable IP addresses.  We will only use the 2
subnets provided by the 2 ISPs.  All IP addresses behind the router will be
internal IPs.

The DNS will be configured to have primary and secondary name servers.  The
MX records will point to 2 IP addresses (from each ISP) and will point to
the same mail server.

The router will use metrics to determine the primary ISP and the backup ISP.

Once again, thanks to all who responded.

William