Re: BBN/GTEI

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Fri Aug 21 20:07:14 1998

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Robert Bowman wrote:

> Isn't being a pioneer doing best-exit to eliminate the cost imbalances?
> I thought that was the whole idea behind what BBN/Exodus were doing.

I don't know your network and BBN's well enough to do anything but guess
here, but wouldn't there still be asymmetry in the number of bits of
traffic exchanged, even with best exit?

I'm not sure if the things I am discussing are directly applicable to your
situation with BBN but if you think some of this stuff could work and are
willing to try it, why not ask BBN if they would consider some sort of
interim agreement while you work out the details. I guess I'm the kind of
guy who always looks for a creative, off-the-wall, "think different" kind
of solution to a problem in negotiations. The worst the other folks can
say is no. But sometimes they say hmmm...

--
Michael Dillon                 -               Internet & ISP Consulting
Memra Communications Inc.      -               E-mail: [email protected]