Re: The Cidr Report

  • From: Erik Sherk
  • Date: Tue Aug 18 19:15:12 1998

> Tli asked:
>
> | Exercise for the reader: If prefixes of length F and longer are filtered,
> | and a domain has a prefix of length N, how many prefixes can they propagate
> | into the backbone?  How many before people start proxy aggregating them?
>
> A/      (2 ** F) - 1.   [assuming nobody imposes exact-match prefix filters]
>
> B/      When we can easily do:
>
> 	"router bgp N
>          proxy-aggregate route-map Lazy-Types

I may be misunderstanding, but does this (proposed) config statement
automaticly suppress (aggregate) any prefixes that are exactly the
same as another prefix except in the length? For example given

128.8.0.0/16
128.8.0.0/24
128.8.1.0/24

the last two would not be propogated? That would be cool!

Erik