Re: Rah for Patrick.

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Fri Aug 14 18:26:19 1998

At 03:51 PM 8/14/98 -0400, Dean Robb wrote:

>>This is a perfect counter-example to what I was bitching about with the
>>BBN fracas.  Serve the customers, _then_ worry about the money.
>
>What's horribly sad is that the lesson must be learned over and over:  If
>you serve the customers, you don't *have* to worry about the money.

Not to say that one should not service the customer - just the opposite -
but I believe the case in point disproves this assertion.

Don't get me wrong, I am definitely a "customer oriented" kinda guy, but
you still have to worry about the cash flow or you end up making pleas to
people on NANOG to help your customers before you die. :(

>Dean Robb

TTFN,
patrick

Patrick W. Gilmore                      voice: +1-650-482-2840
Director of Operations, CCIE #2983        fax: +1-650-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.                    http://www.priori.net
              "Tomorrow's Performance.... Today"