FW: BBN Peering issues

  • From: Lawrence A. Deleski
  • Date: Fri Aug 14 15:44:38 1998

Sorry to have to state the obvious, but it seems to me that if BBN wishes to
terminate peering with Exodus then let them; perhaps their customers will
follow suit by terminating their agreements with BBN.  It seems like the
only logical thing that could happen.  BBN is almost certainly doing their
customers a huge disservice by terminating peering with the largest web
hosting facility in the business.  I have to assume that BBN users *like*
using HotBot and GeoCities, just two of the many major players hosted at
Exodus.

The Internet has always been about sharing, in this case, the free exchange
of traffic and routes by peers.  If BBN wants to screw with that then I hope
they're willing to live with the consequences.

BTW, it was mentioned somewhere else in this thread that someone thought
that Exodus buys transit.  They don't, I know, I used to work there.  Rob
would never do that... :)

Henry R. Linneweh said:

> ...toasted ISP's and carriers destroyed by blind people's greed and
> inability to manage a global network...

> Failure of management is the crux to this issue and maintaining what has worked
> for over 20 years. That to states there are some people in serious need of
sacking in some
> boardrooms.....

You said a mouthful there, Henry.  My thoughts exactly...

---
Lawrence A. Deleski
[email protected]

"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man how to fish and
he'll sit in his boat and drink beer all day".