Re: BBN Peering issues

  • From: Robert Bowman
  • Date: Fri Aug 14 14:13:34 1998

I am referring to output of Exodus traffic relative to input of BBN traffic,
not vice versa.  Exodus consumes very little of BBN's output (Exodus input).
Isn't that the "supposed" problem?  Our private exchange statistics show it
very simply, if BBN disconnects, it will drop our traffic by 1.85%.  I cannot
speak for certain about BBN's traffic input as an aggregate, that is why
I stated below that we are estimating.

Other studies I have seen show BBN as a 3% consumption (which would probably
include multihomed).  This is from a completely different network.  If that
particular network cares to show the statistics relative to BBN's consumption
of content, that is their decision.

Rob
exodus