Re: BBN Peering issues

  • From: Adam Rothschild
  • Date: Wed Aug 12 10:02:33 1998

> If anyone would like to communicate privately about the BBN Peering issues,
> please drop me an email, or call.

I would like to communicate openly and publicly about this.

What I would like more than anything right now is some official word from
high-up's at BBN regarding what this policy entails exactly, and what
their rationale is behind it.

That is, a public explanation other than the all-too-obvious "We're
greedy.  Welcome to the business world.  We're not going to change our
minds, so shut the fuck up and buy some transit, you dumb suckers."

Though I must admit that what I've heard may be biased, as I've heard from
the opressees moreso than the opressors, this sounds like an issue driven
by sheer stupidity and capitalism on BBN's behalf.  Certainly does not
seem to be in their best interest, or the best interest of the Internet as
a whole.  Of course, I could be mistaken, which is why I'd like some word
from BBN.

Rather than limit this issue to within the confines of private
communication, I would like to see it carried out as a very vocal and
lively public one.  That way, the general public will be able to make an
educated decision regarding whether or not to purchase transit from
BBN/GTE, in light of this.

Regards,
Adam