Re: Network Abuse - Netblock x.x.x.x - IMPORTANT

  • From: Dalvenjah FoxFire
  • Date: Thu Jul 30 14:32:17 1998

On Thu, Jul 30, 1998 at 10:28:15AM -0700, Jay Stewart put this into my mailbox:

> >regards,
> >Andrew Shoemaker
> >JNS Security
> >[email protected]
> >617.442.5408
>

> Did anyone take the time to look at this goober's web page?  Here is a
> *nice* snippet.
[...]
> from: http://www.jerky.net/smurf.html
>
> The Smurf Relay List
[...]

How curious. 'jerky.net' is the ISP who hosted one of the IRC spammers a
while back that would smurf if we tried to interfere with his activity; they
steadfastly refused to remove his account until we banned the entire domain
from DALnet. Then they complied *grin*.

I wouldn't trust them to poke around in my routers, that's for sure.

-dalvenjah

--
 Dalvenjah FoxFire (aka Sven Nielsen) "Aristotle was not Belgian. The central
 Founder, the DALnet IRC Network      message of Buddhism is not 'every man