Re: Weird BGP Issue

  • From: Tatsuya Kawasaki
  • Date: Tue Jul 21 23:51:08 1998

Dear Jason,

we have similar situation but it is rather complicate.
To answer your question, it may be wrong or you obviously
omit something but according to your explaination, you did not
mention anyhing about ISP Y's routing policy.
Assume that A and B does not do anything on your BGP how about
ISP Y?  Did you talk to ISP Y about it? don't ask me why they do but
it is mostly likely ? or am I missing all ?
I assume  there is NO carrier btwn X and Y other than A and B.

In theory, someone else other than you  can change BGP route update
infomation, but I don't think it is the case or perhaps?

regards,

Tatsuya

P.S. please let me know if you hear better explanation.

かわさき
TK3197

Business Network Telecom (BNT)
ビジネスネットワークテレコム株式会社 〒111-0053 東京都台東区浅草橋3-8-5 31山京ビル6階 TEL 03-5687-3945 FAX 03-5687-6009 http://www.giganet.net