Re: Simulating full BGP peers

  • From: Jon Green
  • Date: Mon Jul 13 10:29:48 1998

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998 17:57:31 -0700, [email protected] writes:

>I'm personally curious as to exactly what
>kind of question Jon is trying to answer ...

What I need to do is test router performance between different
vendors, while they do various ISP-like things, such as carry lots
of BGP routes.  One option here is to use a live feed, but the problem
here is that I need to control the conditions exactly between
test runs.

A few people have suggested commercial products to do this, and I'm
going to look at both of them.  Another alternative might be to run
gated on a Unix box and populate it with 50,000 or so static routes.

-Jon

    *      Jon Green            *         "Life's a dance             *
   *   [email protected]       *          you learn as you go"        *
  *  Finger for Geek Code/PGP   *                                       *
 *  #include "std_disclaimer.h" * http://www.netins.net/showcase/jcgreen *