Re: Simulating full BGP peers

  • From: Oleg Tabarovsky
  • Date: Fri Jul 10 12:26:44 1998

Hmm, I'm not sure that Jon will be satisfied by
pure modeling. I understand that he is willing
to inject either random or actual core size
routing tables into real lab network. Netsys will
be not of much help in this case. (Say if you want
to monitor CPU load figures depending on route flap
or memory occupied by paths from 3 peers).
Another issue: IMHO, Netsys is
not right tool for modeling ISP networks at all.
If you have arguments to convince me  - I'll be glad to get
them.

Best regards,
--
Oleg Tabarovsky