Re: Cisco scripts??

  • From: Aled Morris
  • Date: Thu Jul 09 11:36:09 1998

At 11:47 AM 7/7/98 -0500, you wrote:
>	Does anyone know where I can get ahold of some sort of script that querys
>the routers via SNMP that shows the running configs on them?  I want to
>have a web based interface that ONLY shows the running configs.  I am aware
>of the built in http server that is on the routers, but I would rather do
>it via SNMP .  Any information would be appreciated.

There is a write-only Cisco MIB variable "cisco.local.lsystem.writeNet"
but I don't know how to make it do it's thing.  Its type is
"DisplayString" so I guess you need to give it a hostname or filename or
both.   If you could make it work you could then pick up the config from
your tftp directory.

Setting "cisco.local.lsystem.writeMem" to 1 does have the expected
(documented) behaviour.

Aled
--
tel +44 973 207987