Re: Cisco scripts??

  • From: Arvind Ramarajan
  • Date: Thu Jul 09 10:50:52 1998

	Take a look at "rtrmon", perl based scripts to gather
	information from routers. Last i heard about it, it
	could also do router config uploads/downloads.

	Check out: http://www.vix.com/rtrmon

	Hope it helps..
		Arvind.

At 11:43 AM 7/7/98 -0700, you wrote:
>You would need to have a MIB for them.  The best way to find
>out is to use a tool like Scotty to walk the MIB.  I don't
>think that cisco stores the ASCII config as a MIB entry.
>
>What you probably want is to grab the config via a rcp from
>the box.  I would recommend looking at the looking glass tools
>from DIGEX (nitrous.digex.net).,  Should give you some ideas on code
>
>hope this helps..
>
>[email protected]
>
>At 11:47 AM 7/7/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>	Does anyone know where I can get ahold of some sort of script that querys
>>the routers via SNMP that shows the running configs on them?  I want to
>>have a web based interface that ONLY shows the running configs.  I am aware
>>of the built in http server that is on the routers, but I would rather do
>>it via SNMP .  Any information would be appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Tim Kempka
>>

>>____________________________________________________
>>Tim Kempka                                  E-Mail: [email protected]
>>Network Engineer                         Pager: [email protected]
>>FlashNet Communications             Phone: 817-589-2390 ext. 378

Name:	Arvind Ramarajan
Org :  AT&T Labs
Loc :	307 MiddleTown Lincroft Rd
	Lincroft NJ 07738