Re: small vent (JP)

  • From: Peter Evans
  • Date: Mon Jun 29 19:08:43 1998

Paul Mansfield ([email protected]) wrote:

	[snip]

	Oh, I hate stepping in on this sort of argument.

> Agreed that a lot of open relays seem to exist in JP... and there
> are significant numbers in Europe as suggested. The time zone and language
> differences are going to be a big PITA in terms of getting the problems sorted
> quickly. In Japan, they seem to think <postmaster> is optional!!!

	If you have problems with a JP domain, send it to me and I will
	see who I can push, shove or generally embarrass in a public forum
	in the appropriate language.

	The address to send such complaints to will be "[email protected]", the
	usual abuse rules apply, please don't expect personalised responses.

	<postmaster> is clearly optional, because reading RFCs is too. ^_^;
	More often than not, there is an auto responder there because there
	is no postmaster. (I kid you not.)

	Getting providers here to institute <abuse> and or even take any
	sort of measures against spamming by their own users is an uphill
	task.

	Peter
	----(
	Postie, Abuse Dept and all-round dogsbody, @gol.com