Re: Web Cache Question

  • From: Rich Sena
  • Date: Mon Jun 29 18:43:17 1998

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998 [email protected] wrote:

> about? If these servers exist: do they all operate on the premise of
> spoofing the source address as coming from the client, or would I
> actually see the cacheing servers source address? At this point, the
> only evident proxies in a server netstat are from AOL, but this is
> nothing new. The real increase in unexplained stale sockets are from
> random source addresses (spoofed?). Again, this mail is solely for the
> purpose of troubleshooting an exasperating, unexplained problem, not a
> blame the cache mail, so no return spam please.  Any thoughts or recent
> similar experience sharing would be greatly appreciated.

The only proxie /web cache on the market that could have spoofed the
source address was vixie's and it is not in any backbone scenarios to the
best of my knowledge - plus it wouldn't have caused a problem - you would
have never known it was there in your instance.

--
I am nothing if not net-Q! - [email protected]