on the issue of proxy-caching and new technologies

  • From: Alan Hannan
  • Date: Mon Jun 29 10:32:16 1998

  I've just read through the 20 or so email messages in the thread
  regarding the use of proxy-cache traffic on http traffic.

  I believe DIGEX should be congratulated on their forward exploration
  of technology.  Their creative solutions to problems like this are the
  spirit that will sustain the Internet.

  DWDM and huge fiber builds will get us part of the way to handling
  internet growth, but we need to find ways to utilize upper-layer
  tweaks to do more with less.

  -alan