Re: Digex transparent proxying

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Mon Jun 29 06:32:25 1998

At 02:59 AM 6/29/98 -0700, Sean M. Doran wrote:

>It's nice that you want to learn, but you have the habit of arguing
>every little point vigorously more often than asking questions like
>this one, and frankly, that tends to lead people to be disinclined
>to try to help you come to your own conclusions, much as was the
>case with Tim Bass, who behaved similarly.

Sorry you feel that way.  I was trying to ask the question: "Can you do
something like this without telling customers first?"  Yes, it is a narrow
top - intentionally.  I think it's called "staying on topic".  I find it
more productive to discuss one point than read long-winded posts which
wander all over the map to include things like marketing statistics and
HTML headers.  If you find my style of discussion unhelpful, you are
encouraged to filter my posts.

>	Sean.

TTFN,
patrick

P.S.  Before anyone goes off, I am not now, nor have I ever asked anyone to
stop posting to NANOG for being long-winded, off topic, or any other
reason, in private or in public.  I'm just saying that in this and some
other instances, I prefer to narrow discussion to the topic at hand.  Is
that really such a bad thing?

Patrick W. Gilmore                      voice: +1-650-482-2840
Director of Operations, CCIE #2983        fax: +1-650-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.                    http://www.priori.net
              "Tomorrow's Performance.... Today"