Re: Digex transparent proxying

  • From: Rich Sena
  • Date: Sat Jun 27 11:26:17 1998

On Sat, 27 Jun 1998, Karl Denninger wrote:

> As soon as that happens widely the cache is useless (or worse) and therefore
> people who use them have a reason to ignore the Expires headers.

Sure if "everything" on the site is tagged as dynamic or is pre-expired
then what is the point of caching at all - but "everything" doesn't need
to be for caching and hit-stats to coexist - just count your hits on one
item, just leave those items that ABSOLUTELY must be dynamic be dynamic -
and items that should be updated daily - should have the correct expires
date set - so that IMS can work to their advantage.

--
I am nothing if not net-Q! - [email protected]