Re: Digex transparent proxying

  • From: Rich Sena
  • Date: Sat Jun 27 10:51:57 1998

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, ken emery wrote:

> Except when listening to the "proper" headers has been turned off by the
> cache (which some of these caching products support or will support).

In thoise instances though the implimenter of the cache is the fool - not
the manufacturer - like anything the operator/implimentor of a caching
product should have some understanding of WTF they are doing - sadly you
are right - Ken - thre undoubtably are ppl out there that will say "Hey
this will let me cache it longer - kewl beans!" - and will suffer the
consequences of their decision - but that doesn't really mean that the
product should not afford the operater the options of fine tuning their
performance.

--
I am nothing if not net-Q! - [email protected]