Re: RBL Update (Re: Lets go vixie!! rbl)

  • From: Jeremy Porter
  • Date: Tue Jun 23 17:12:10 1998

In message <[email protected]>, Paul Ma
nsfield writes:
>has anyone ever heard of an ISP blocking their own customer if their customer
>is in the RBL? I'd love to hear a telephone call between ISP and customer if
>this occurred!!!

Uh, most of the time if the ISPs customer is RBL, the ISP will KNOW
about it, from the volume of complaints.  (And will probably have had
notice from the RBL folks.)  Most any ISP that particpates in RBL type blocking
is going to turn off any spammer well before they would show up. (We would.)

>Paul
>----
>P Mansfield, Senior SysAdmin PSINet, +44-1223-577577x2611/577611 fax:577600
>:r~/humour/signature
>:wq

---
Jeremy Porter, Freeside Communications, Inc.      [email protected]
PO BOX 80315 Austin, Tx 78708  | 512-458-9810
http://www.fc.net