Re: RBL Update (Re: Lets go vixie!! rbl)

  • From: Paul Mansfield
  • Date: Mon Jun 22 13:42:51 1998

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Richard Welty wrote:

> ethical sysadmins/isps, of course, inform their users of the RBL regardless.

we use Exim (http://www.exim.org) to handle mail, and we don't block on RBL
active, but there's a standard setting to add a header to indicate that the
mail was received from an RBL'd host... thus allowing our customers to
filter if they want.

has anyone ever heard of an ISP blocking their own customer if their customer
is in the RBL? I'd love to hear a telephone call between ISP and customer if
this occurred!!!

Paul
----
P Mansfield, Senior SysAdmin PSINet, +44-1223-577577x2611/577611 fax:577600
:r~/humour/signature
:wq