Re: RBL Update (Re: Lets go vixie!! rbl)

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Fri Jun 19 01:24:33 1998

On 06/17/98, Dean Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

> At 3:51 PM -0400 6/17/98, Richard Welty wrote:
> >the RBL is entirely an IP address thing. no domain names are harmed in the
> >operation of the RBL.
>
> Sigh. There used to be a list of spammers' domain names, such as
> cyberpromo.com.

	Yup, I maintained that list, painful and thankless job that
	it was.  Right now there really aren't any spammers left who
	stay in one place long enough for that to work -- and if they
	do, they get RBL'ed.

	(Trolling igored -- you should know better by now, Dean.)

--
J.D. Falk <[email protected]>
Special Agent In Charge (Abuse Issues)