Smurf Amps List

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Sat Jun 13 01:35:12 1998

	I originally wasn't going to make the whole thing avaiable, but
there was a posting a few ago on nanog listing a number of blocks, so
I feel obliged to post a link to my results.  I plan on putting a nice
backend behind this and making it a queryable database that checks itself
frequently, but I've not had the time.

This list is the result of about a weeks worth of
work probing a total of 48394 netblocks.  Of those
netblocks, 6425 were found to respond with more than
one packet sent to the network address.  broadcast
address of 255 was not checked, nor anything else
than the list here.  This means 13.28% of netblocks out
there are "broken".

	The page can be found at
http://puck.nether.net/~jared/smurfblocks.html

	If you own any of these networks, please fix them.  I'll be
doing some work to get HOME-AS for these blocks into some format such
that you all can do fancy web-based queries or somesuch with them.

	That stuff will show up at
http://puck.nether.net/smurf-check/ once I get some more time.

Please also visit the following pages:

http://www.powertech.no/smurf/ - SAR
http://www.quadrunner.com/~chuegen/smurf.txt
http://www.mcs.net/smurf/ -- if you can't see this page, you're
				on their blacklist.  a mirrored page is
http://puck.nether.net/smurf/   <- here for your use.  I'm not blackholing
				anything myself.

Questions?  Please direct them to me.  Flames can direct your

	Thanks.

	- jared