Re: WorldNIC

  • From: just me.
  • Date: Sat Jun 13 01:05:10 1998

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Dean Robb wrote:
> At 11:31 6/12/98 +0900, you wrote:
> >On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Dean Robb wrote:
> >
> >> Let's remember for a moment that not all net.users are net.savvy.  I think
> >> the TLDs SHOULD have a logical category structure.  If I'm trying to find
> >> an educational institution, I'd expect to find it in the .edu TLD, a
> >> commercial organization in .com, etc.  As I recall, that's the entire
> >> purpose in naming the TLDs as they are.
> >
> >Let's remember that not all net.users and net.resources are located in
> >north.america. And that not all net.names are registered with the
> >same.nic. I think its time you opened your eyes a.bit.
>
> Eyes open just fine.  Even here, there's no reason one cannot register as a
> .us domain.  However, the question arises...what has your comment got to do
> with the correct use of TLDs?

You were prattling on (look up a few inches) about how everything can be
perfectly pigeon-holed in five or six TLDs with a "logical category
structure." That's pretty naive.

> Dean Robb

matt

[email protected]-----
  Matt Ghali MG406/GM023JP - System Administrator, interQ, Inc AS7506
  "Sub-optimal is a state of mind." -Dave Rand, <[email protected]>