Re: So... what's the best routing solution for..

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Fri Jun 12 12:10:42 1998

On Thu, Jun 11, 1998 at 07:07:17AM -0700, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> >Don't use any routing protocol at all.  Actually, skip having your
> >own router too.
>
> Agreed, we ran default static routes for a long time. Y'all don't even need
> a router. I might recommend a LinkSys 2-port ethernet switch, though.
> (Control collision domains, See DataComm Warehouse.).

Hm. My main goal is to be able to block stuff from entering my LAN that
I don't want there. With a Cisco or Livingston box or something similar,
it's just a question of installing filters. I could set up a box and use
ipfwadm, perhaps that would be the best thing to do?

--
Steven J. Sobol - Founding Member, Postmaster/Webmaster, ISP Liaison --
Forum for Responsible & Ethical E-mail (FREE) - Dedicated to education about,