Re: So... what's the best routing solution for..

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Thu Jun 11 12:25:04 1998

At 10:14 AM 6/11/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Re: ethernet handoff from ISP
>
>> <<Don't use any routing protocol at all.  Actually, skip having your >>
>> <<own router too. >>
>>
>> I am going to have to disagree with your statement.  You are risking major
>> problems without filtering their access.  I wouldn't allow any outside
>> company access to my networks without screening were they can go.
>
>A firewall wasn't discussed, but I agree that one is recommended.
>
>router != good firewall

OK.  Lets see, you have a 75xx and you're plugging client Y into eth1 on
that beast.  You're still worried about them having their own router?

Cisco 2514 is they want to throw some money around.  Unix box with multiple
NICs if they want to be thrifty.  No need for any RIP/OSPF/BGP.  It's a
static route.

-------
John Fraizer    (root)          |    __   _                 |
The System Administrator        |   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __ | The choice
mailto:[email protected]       |  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / |  of a GNU
http://www.EnterZone.Net/       | /____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\ | Generation
                     A 486 is a terrible thing to waste...